Military Affairs Committee
The purpose of the Military Affairs Committee of the Jacksonville•Onslow Chamber of Commerce is to maintain and continually improve the relationship between the military and civilian communities. It is a vital, informal communications link among Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, Marine Corps Air Station New River, the Chamber, Jacksonville City Council, Onslow County Board of Commissioners, and state and federal legislators.
The Military Affairs Committee will accomplish its mission through a series of activities, including monthly dinner meetings, designed to remind its members and the majority of the citizenry that it is a privilege for this community to serve as the home of Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, the Marine Corps Air Station, New River and the Fleet Marine Force units stationed there.
Why you should join MAC:
• Attend monthly MAC social meetings to honor a well deserving service member who has been selected by his/her unit for exceptional work. We are able to hear their story and to meet them with a personal thank you.
• Build strong relationships with the many active members of the military.
• Able to communicate community concerns to base leaders.
• Participation in military events: changes of command, Marine Corps birthday ball, July 4th celebration, award recipient ceremonies etc.
• Build personal relationships with the leaders of Camp Lejeune, New River Air Station, and all associated schools.
• We have the honor to host 4 fish frys annually to thank our service members for the sacrifice and dedication.
• The MAC is requested to assist in community functions such as the 2MarDiv 75th Anniversary Celebration to again bridge the gap between the military and the community.
MAC Steering Committee
Division Chairman of Military Affairs – Bob Dupuis
MAC Chairman – Jay Sollis
MAC Vice Chairman – Scott Riggs
MAC Immediate Past Chairman – Kevin McConnell
Chairman’s Executive Committee Rep – Dr. Ron Lingle
MAC Fish Fry Captain – Ricky Maready
Member at Large – Ed Garris
Member at Large – Mat Raymond III
Member at Large Apt by MAC Chairman – Sheila Knight
Chamber Chairman of Board – Jeff Clark
Chamber President – Laurette Leagon
MCIEAST-MCB Chief of Staff – Col Thomas Bruno
MCIEAST-MCB SgtMaj – SgtMaj Scott Grade
MCAS Commanding Officer – Col Russell Burton
MCAS SgtMaj – SgtMaj Charles Metzger
Military Affairs Committee Manager – Holly Montalvo